Port forwarding is very common configurations that need to be handle carefully is you want to allow certain kind of web traffic to your home network. For example, if you are a game lover and you want to setup up your home network so you can allow the gaming data packets to your home network, you will need to perform the port forwarding for your home network.
Port forwarding for the Netgear Orbi WiFi system is configured in all the same way as you go for any other router or networking device available these days. We are here explaining the port forwarding process for the Netgear Orbi WiFi system.
How to Setup Port Forwarding for Orbi WiFi System
- First of all, you have to makes sure that what kind of data packets you want to forward for your home network. For example, if you want to forward certain kind of gaming data packets you can go for the port forwarding for the Netgear Orbi WiFi system.| Netgear Orbi
- If you are running a computer under your Orbi home network system, find the IP address for that server computer. Remember, the IP address for the server computer will remain same all the time. | Orbi setup
- If all such information for accessing the Netgear Orbi WiFi is collected, you are now ready to access the Orbi WiFi login page. | Orbi WiFi
- Access the Orbi login page using the orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com address and proceed for the next steps regarding Netgear Orbi port forwarding access.
- Fill the configured user name and the password so you can access the login page for the Netgear Orbi. | Netgear Orbi firmware
- After filling the user name and password for the Netgear Orbi access, go for the next option. | orbilogin.net
- Go for the “Advance” option. | Netgear Orbi Login
- Then, select “Advance Setup”. | Netgear Orbi
- Under the “Advance Setup” you can find the option “Port Forwarding or Port Trigging”.
- You have to select the radio button for “Port Forwarding” and go for the next option.
- A list will shown here and from the list, you have to choose the service name you want to go for.| orbilogin.net
- You will also need to enter the IP address for the computer system that is configured as server for your home network. | orbilogin.net
- You will need to click on the “Add” option to add the services.