When you install any network device to your home, you will need to make sure that you are updating your device time to time. When we use Netgear WiFi routers, access points and WiFi extender devices, we will need to update these devices time to time. Using Netgear router setup dashboard you can easily update your device.
If you do not remember updating your devices then you can easily set your device in such a way that they will update their self automatically when high speed internet connections are available. Using http:// 192.168.0.1 login address you can change the update process for your devices. of course you can also manually update software for your device that is totally up to you.
How to Set Netgear Nighthawk VDSL/ADSL Modem Router for Automatic Update?
- First remove power supply for Netgear Nighthawk VDSL/ADSL Modem Router and computer device.
- Connect your devices using Ethernet cable and then attach the power code once again.
- Open web browser and fill http:// routerloginnet address to your web browser.
- At the Netgear router login page fill login user name and password.
- From Netgear dashboard you will get a message that a new firmware is available for your Netgear WiFi router device. you can then click on that message and you can update firmware for your device.
These are the steps for updating firmware for Netgear router automatically. Your Netgear router dashboard will give you a message every time a new firmware is available. Also, you will need to power cycle your Netgear Nighthawk VDSL/ADSL Modem Router device once after updating your device. this will make sure that all settings are done and imitated to your router device.