Public hotspots are a good means to access free internet. But it isn’t secure at the network can be compromised by the hackers. If You travel a lot and use public hotspots frequently, then it can put a huge risk to you.
In that case, you can use the Netgear trek pr2000 travel router and range extender device to connect to the hotspot and then connect your device to the Netgear device. Netgear trek pr2000 has a firewall protection that protects your device from DoS attacks and port scans. So, you can visit the Netgear router login to set up a connection at a WiFi hotspot.
It isn’t secure to send your private information over a public Wi-Fi hotspot as you could fall prey to DoS attacks and port scans by a hacker as they don’t have a firewall. So, instead, you should make a wireless connection with your trek device connected to a WiFi hotspot.
Follow the below steps to connect your Netgear trek pr2000 with WiFi Hotspot –
- Plug the Netgear trek pr2000 to a power source and turn on the Internet mode switch.
- Rotate the Trek’s cover clockwise to orient the antenna and connect your computer or wireless device to the device’s SSID or use an Ethernet cable to make a connection.
- Then, open web browser in a computer or your other device and go to Netgear router login page at www routerlogin.net.
- Login to your router with the username and password. The default username is admin and the default password is password. Click OK after entering username and password.
- Uncheck the Extend my current wireless router’s range checkbox and select the wireless network you want to connect to and enter its password.
- Then select, To save a name for a profile to save this information.
- Now, enter a name for the profile and then click on the Apply button to save the settings.
- Finally, you can connect your wireless device to the trek’s network to use the internet.
You can also use the Netgear router login to set up your trek device as a range extender or other uses.