You will receive a configuration CD for Netgear n300 setup and that CD can be used to make the setup and configurations for Netgear n300 router. But, what if you have lost the Netgear n300 setup CD somewhere? You can configure the Netgear n300 setup settings manually without using the configuration CD.
Steps to Configure the Netgear n300 Setup without using the CD
- First of all, you will need to turn Off your modem and the computer system you are using the home network.
- The Ethernet cable you have received will required at this step. Simply, create a connection between your modem and computer system with the modem you are using.
- Insert one end of the Ethernet cable to the modem you are using and insert another end to the Netgear n300 router.
- Plug in one end of Ethernet cable to the LAN port number 1 of the Netgear n300 router. Connect another end of Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of the computer system you are using.
- Turn Off the modem you are using and wait for few seconds.
- Provide the power supply to your Netgear n300 router.
- Provide power supply to your computer system. You can easily check the status lights for the Netgear n300 setup router. If the configurations are done accurately, all 4 lights will light. In some cases, the fourth LED will not light so you have to cross check the Ethernet connections you have made.
- Now, you will need to access the Netgear n300 setup login page using the 192.168.1.1 IP address.
- You will now need to enter the login details for accessing the Netgear n300 setup page.
- Open the setup wizard for Netgear n300 setup and go for the advance settings for the router.